18th Annual Community of Fine Arts Show & Reception
Timeline at a Glance:
July 30 - August 25, 2018, at Westlake Porter Public Library.
The COFA Show will be on display this entire time!
July 13, 2018. Deadline for art entries to be submitted.
July 28, 2017 9:30 - 12:00 p.m. Accepted artists drop off entries at the Westlake Porter Public Library at:
27333 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, Ohio 44145
*Any artist interested in demonstrating their own artwork Saturday mornings in the lobby of Porter Library on August 4th, 11th, or 19th please contact Robert Pearl at 440-554-7522.
July 30 - August 25, 2018. Art Show is displayed in the hallway and the Porter Room. Free and open to the public.
Saturday, August 25, 2018 2:00 - 3:30 pm. Meet the Artists Reception. Free and open to the public.
3:30 - 4:30 pm. Artists pick up artwork.
For more information and to enter the 2018 Community of Fine Arts Show, print and mail in your entry by July 13, 2018.
We hope to see your Art on display in August. Show and reception are open to the public. Bring your family and friends!
2018 COFA Brochure Entry Form.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [202.3 KB]
"Meet the Artists" Reception, Saturday August 25, 2018
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
COMMUNITY OF FINE ARTS SHOW
A Juried Art Show
presented by the
Westlake-Westshore Arts Council
in cooperation with the
Westlake Porter Public Library
July 30– August 25, 2018
Westlake Porter Public Library
27333 Center Ridge Road Westlake, OH 44145
Galleries open during library hours
W-WAC Mission Statement: To provide the Westlake and Westshore communities with an enhanced and broadened cultural life through the promotion, coordination, and development of programs that will result in awareness, education & involvement in the arts.
Please read carefully as the rules have changed from previous shows…
- A maximum of three entries will be accepted per artist/photographer.
- A non-refundable fee of $20.00 for paid W-WAC members, $30.00 for non-members, or $45.00 which includes COFA fee & annual membership. Checks made out to W-WAC.
ENTER BY MAIL:
- A color photograph no larger than 8”x10” of each work which will be submitted, with title, category, price, medium, artist’s name & phone number attached.
- Mail entry form, photographs, & payment to:
- W-WAC, C/O Robert Pearl, 3307 Sandy Lane, Avon, OH 44011.
- All artwork and photographs entered in the show must be properly framed, wired, and ready to hang.
- Framing and matting are taken into consideration during judging. Presentation is important as well the artistic content.
- Work without a fixed and secure wire will not be accepted. No saw tooth hangers permitted. Finished frame size minimum is 5” x 7” with a maximum of 36” x 48.”
- Artwork/photography must be entrant’s own ORIGINAL WORK, not entered in a previous COFA art show, and must be current within 3 years of the show date.
DEADLINE: Register early!
- Deadline for registration is July 13, 2018.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Download application forms above.
ENTRIES DROP OFF: Saturday, July 28, 2018, 9:30 am -12:00 p.m.
- All submissions must be dropped off at the Westlake Porter Public Library (WPPL) 27333 Center Ridge Rd., Westlake, OH.
- No entry forms, fees, or changes will be accepted drop-off day. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Title, category, price, artists name, address, & phone number will be affixed to the back of each piece.
HANGING THE ARTWORK/PHOTOGRAPHS:
- The show will be hung between 12:00-4:00 p.m. July 28.
- Help is requested for hanging the artwork. If you can stay and help please let us know in advance. Contact Robert at 440-554-7522 or firstname.lastname@example.org (correct spelling!).
PICK UP: Saturday August 25, 2018 3:30 pm-4:30 p.m.
- After the "Meet the Artists Reception." No work is to be removed before the reception is over. All work must be checked out at the W-WAC check out desk. Photo ID is required. No artwork may be left at the library for later pickup.
ARTWORK FOR SALE:
- Artists and Photographers are encouraged to offer their work for sale. If a price is not listed, the work will not be for sale. If a piece sells at the COFA show, the agreement will be that payment will be made to the artist. The artists will then donate 25% of the sale to W-WAC. All artwork must remain until the show ends!
- The W-WAC/COFA committee reserves the right to decline entries if criteria are not met or content is deemed inappropriate. Number of entries may also be limited based on available space.
- Over 18 years old. Adult or Student.
- Hobbyist or does not market self as a professional "Artist or Photographer."
- Over 18 years old.
- Have website featuring work for sale.
- Received payment for artwork/photographs.
- Have entered many art/photograph competitions and won or received high recognitions multiple times.
CATEGORIES FOR BOTH DIVISIONS:
- Drawing/Pen & Ink
- Mixed Medium
- $100.00 Best in each division/category
- $50.00 Second in each division/category
- Honorable Mention ribbons and/or gifts
JUDGES: TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- Examples of judges' artwork will be on display.
- By submission of work the artists waive all claims against W-WAC and WPPL for loss or damage to works. Permission to photograph work for publicity is understood. For more information contact Robert Pearl at 440-554-7522 or email at email@example.com.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS JULY 13, 2018.