Art Show Entry Conditions
13th Annual Community of Fine Arts Show
A Juried Art Show Presented by the Westlake-Westshore Arts Council
August 6 -18, 2012
Westlake Porter Public Library
During Library Hours
27333 Center Ridge Road
Westlake, Ohio 44145
"Meet the Artists" Reception and Awards Ceremony - Saturday, August 18, 2012. 2:00 - 3:30 pm.
Event is free and open to the public.
* Amateur or professional artists, 18 years or older.
* Work must be original, one of a kind (no reproductions), and not previously exhibited in this show.
* Work must be ready for hanging.
* A nonrefundable fee of $20 for paid W-WAC members, $30 for non-members, or $45 for entry + one year membership, for a maximum of three entries per artist.
* Checks should be made payable to the Westlake-Westshore Arts Council.
* Oil / Acrylic
* Charcoal / Pastel / Pencil / Ink Drawing
* A First Place cash award of $150 will be made in each category.
* Honorable Mention certificates will be awarded as determined by the Judges.
* First Place winners will remain on display from August 18-31, 2012.
* Deadline July 14, 2012.
* A color photo (minimum 4"x6") of each entry. Photos become the property of the W-WAC and will not be returned.
* Title, category, and price must be attached to or written on the back of each photo.
* Artists will be notified by July 16, 2012 if their work is accepted for display. The jury decision is final.
* Exhibited Art may be offered for sale. The artist's name, telephone number, category, title, and price will be displayed and listed in the show program. The Westlake Porter Public Library requests a 20% commission on any exhibited Art sold. The commission will be placed in an existing fund to purchase future Art for the Library.
Accepted Entry Drop-Off:
* Entries should be dropped off at the Library on Saturday, August 4 between 9:00-11:00 am.
* Art must be wired and ready to hang. Small home-type hanging devices are unacceptable.
* Late entries will not be accepted.
"Meet the Artists" Reception and Awards Ceremony
* Saturday, August 18, 2012, 2:00-3:30 pm.
* Artists are encouraged to attend to receive their awards in person and meet the public.
Pick-Up Date and Time:
* Saturday, August 18, 2012 between 3:30-4:30 pm, after the "Meet the Artists" reception.
* Westlake-Westshore Arts Council and Westlake Porter Public Library are not responsible for loss or damage to work. By submission of a work, the artist waives all claims against Westlake-Westshore Arts Council and Westlake Porter Library for loss or damage to work.
* Permission to photograph for publicity is understood unless denied in writing to the W-WAC.
* For more information call Jean Povinelli at (440) 835-1877 or Tom Nowicki at (440) 871-0957.